The Mercantile Group is one of Ireland’s leading hospitality and entertainment groups with over seven unique venues based in Dublin City Centre, including Cafe en Seine, Opium, Pichet, NoLIta, Whelan’s and The George. We are committed to bringing a first-rate experience to our customers with the food we serve, the service we provide, the drinks we create and the events we host.
The Mercantile Group currently has an excellent opportunity for an experienced General Manager to join their team.
Responsibilities will include:
• Work with the Management Team to ensure the smooth running of the restaurant and bar area
• Manage employee rostering in order to control budgets and optimize expenses
• Implement and maintain exceptionally high standards and consistency throughout the restaurant and bar offerings
• Continually provide ongoing training to employees in food and beverage offerings to ensure it is positioned as a market leader.
• Direct and supervise all employees to meet standards and objectives, whilst motivating employees, and ensuring excellent customer service, and staff morale.
• Appropriately delegate duties and tasks to employees to maximise resources.
• Set and monitor quality and service standards, maximising revenue and profitability in line with budget expectations.
• Attend weekly management meetings.
• Ensure high levels of quality control, hygiene standards, and health & safety within your area of responsibility.
• Responsible for venue incident management
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience at management level
• High level ability in all aspects of food and beverage management and customer service.
• Distinguished knowledge and passion for quality food and drink.
• Must possess a passion and flair for customer service.
• Exhibit a high level of attention to detail and proactive problem-solving ability.
• The capability to make contributions to the creative and innovative side of the business.
• Immaculate grooming and personal presentation.
• Must be flexible and willing to work evenings, weekends, and late nights.
• Ability to adapt to new procedures, standards, and changes as directed by the company or legislation.
• Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety and HACCP requirements and legislation.
• All candidates must speak fluent English.
Click here to apply; jobs.ie