We are looking for someone to join our accountancy team within The Mercantile group. The position would ideally suit a candidate with a desire to work in a fast paced, changing environment. The activity of the group is spread across various different sectors such as construction, real estate, various funds, hospitality and healthcare in Ireland, the US and the UK.Division of time between two related entities comprising a well-known bar group and an investment company comprising of various different companies across a range of sectors.
Basic duties to include (but this list is not exhaustive…)
- Completing reconciliations of bank accounts
- Completing accounts receivable and payable reconciliations
- Preparing supplier payment files.
- Posting journals to the system
- Reconciling cash sheets and takings in excel
- To undertake the preparation of reports as needed
- To accept responsibility for specific areas, as specified by the Financial Controller, to ensure the smooth running of the accounts department.
- To assist with the production of the monthly profit and loss accounts with the Financial Controller
- To ensure all accounting deadlines are met and that all reports are complete and accurate.